Thousands of foreign students choose to study in Poland every year and for many of them, it’s not a short Erasmus adventure but a long-term decision to study and complete the Bachelor and or Master degree abroad. Thanks to relatively low university fees, low cost of living and the young and vibrant student life that Poland has to offer, the country has become one of the most popular destinations in Europe. Most of the universities offer courses in English, and sometimes other languages, and provide support and help for foreign students to adapt to the new and unknown environment.
The best Polish universities in 2018
Studying in Poland can be a great experience and a good investment in the future, as long as you choose the right university. Here is the ranking of the top universities in Poland in 2018.
1. University of Warsaw (Uniwersytet Warszawski)
2. Jagiellonian University (Uniwersytet Jagielloński)
3. AGH University of Science and Technology (Akademia Górniczo-Hutnicza)
4. Adam Mickiewicz University (Uniwersytet im. Adama Mickiewicza)
5. Warsaw University of Technology (Politechnika Warszawska)
6. University of Silesia in Katowice (Uniwersytet Śląski w Katowicach)
7. Nicolaus Copernicus University (Uniwersytet Mikołaja Kopernika w Toruniu)
8. Cracow University of Technology (Politechnika Krakowska im. Tadeusza Kosciuszki)
9. University of Lodz (Uniwersytet Łódzki)
10. Silesian University of Technology (Politechnika Śląska w Gliwicach)
11. University of Gdansk (Uniwersytet Gdański)
12. University of Warmia and Mazury (Uniwersytet Warmińsko-Mazurski w Olsztynie)
13. Warsaw University of Life Sciences (Szkoła Główna Gospodarstwa Wiejskiego w Warszawie)
14. Lublin University of Technology (Politechnika Lubelska)
15. The John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin (Katolicki Uniwersytet Lubelski Jana Pawła II)
Once you make a decision where to study, you may want to check what the recruitment procedure is for foreign students and how much it would cost. Don’t forget that students in Poland get lots of discounts and of course before you apply you should read our guide to studying in Poland so you know what to expect of studying in Poland!